View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:38 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Why so much hate between Twoplustwo / Pocketfives?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've always heard P5s has terrible players that give horrible advice but I never believed it until just now, when I first visited the site to see if it was true. The very first thread I opened advocated folding KK on a KJT flop getting 2:1
http://www.pocketfives.com/6BD810C8-...99A6399BC.aspx

[ QUOTE ]
I was playin at harrahs New Orleans, 1-2 no limit. Limped around, I was in the big blind with pocket kings. I made it 15 total, 4 others called (5 total). Flop comes Kd Jd Ts. I lead out 45(another 410 behind), guy folds, guy raises 145 total(about another 100 behind), guy folds, button raises 395 all in, now its back to me. I dont know anything of the first guy but the button is a pretty good player. Any advice on this hand would be helpfulful, Call or fold or just a different way to play it.

Reply:
Easy fold. Everything else pretty standard. If the button is as good as you say he is, he has AQ...maybe Q9. Maybe a set is looking to gamble, I suppose.

Apparently a raise to $30 is necessary preflop to pare the field a bit. That's a nice game you have going there.

reply2:
if it limped around why wouldn't the guy on the button raise it up with AQ to narrow the field? but I can really see Q9 though, since you raise in the BB I can see him calling Q9 on the button with 3 callers ahead of him. If you wanna gamble for a huge pot call, but other wise I'm pretty sure your beat.

Reply 3:
Because if he's good he knows that he'd have to raise more than that hand is worth to pare down the field. Or it may just not pare down at all, as AA just found out. He may as well play it for the limp with position and see if he can't trap a weaker ace into a decent sized pot or flop something huge. At a loooooooose table like this, it's definitely something I'd consider. Either way, it's not a hand that can be eliminated. I'd rather get into pots with these guys with hands like J10/JQ/89 any day over AQ. He might be thinking something similar.

There's no reason to call. This looks like a table that's going to offer a lot of opportunities to get a lot of money in very, very good. Why bother here?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
At least read at the whole thread and put it in context if you're going imply what you're implying.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the button turned AQ face up it would be pretty much neutral EV, any other hand you are a massive favorite against(except Q9) so I dont know what context is necessary here.