View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He really made himself look like a complete tool when he said "you have aces" to Sammy, then Sammy bet 100K after the turn and he called. From what we could tell he strongly suspected he was against aces, but despite his read he was unable to lay down his kings. That I why I so much wanted to see Sammy push all in on the river - Jamie would most likely have called and that would have made me happy. He would have figured that Sammy had aces, then called 100K, then called 185K - good for a laugh from all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it had gone down like this (and no doubt it would have - I'm sure Gold would have called, unable to lay down his Kings), I would have enjoyed it more.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course he should lay down KK to sammy. there's no way on earth right that sammy would have bet 100k into that pot with anything other than AA[sarcasm].

there are several hands sammy would have bet the same way. yes jamie did say over and over "you have aces"... and yes, sammy did one time say "yeah"... but you really think you'd lay down kings on that board?

why play if you're gonna lay down big hands at the first sign of strength by your opponents.

so weak.