View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Luck vs Skill (Or the lack thereof) Blind Steal fails.

In the interest of getting better at poker, I'll take up that challenge. I don't know if I classify as a true noob, but whatever.

PF is a raise because there was a decent chance of getting the blinds since they were so tight. Surely the button won't cold-call with crap at .5/1. These stakes are high!

After that dry humor, on the flop we have top pair weak kicker on a coordinated board. There's still a bit of fold equity, and we likely have the best hand if he doesn't have a queen. There are some strong draw options and we can't effectively protect, but we can charge for them anyways.

On the turn I'm in a small pot with TPWK OOP. If he has a better Queen I don't want to be raised, and he'll likely bet the turn with a fairly wide range of hands.

The river is more weak still. The flush draw hasn't come in, but that completes straights if he has a jack and I'm beat by any Qz or 2 pair. The nature of the blind steal situation though theoretically widens both of our ranges. I feel that as played I should've folded, or was slowing down so soon an error?

Hopefully that should create a sense of not being biased [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]