View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit

Is this what you're asking for Mike Haven? I realize my OP was kind of sparknotes/fragmented.
-------------------------------------------

I think people deserve to know whenever any kind of cashier issue occurs from an online site, however trivial it may be.

After they credit my account

I am not sure if my bank has started a chargeback or not. I tell cake I am not going to touch the money (until I know that the bank will not chargeback since I am not in the business of fraud esp for $54). My bank replies that I have to go fill out a form and emailing them does nothing anyway.

I send this email:

cake writes:
[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your email. Your purchased has already been reversed by our Cashier team. What exactly are you going to advertise to Internet forums? That there was a problem with your purchase and when you contacted us we rectified it immediately?

Kind Regards,
Gianfranco
CakePoker Security

[/ QUOTE ]

my reply:

[ QUOTE ]
I make several attempts to buy into cake poker
support tells me there is nothing they can do about my failed debit card purchase
support recommends epassporte (which I don't have or plan on getting)
my cake poker account is at $0
Yet I see bank charge and start the process to reverse it with bank
Cake poker backtracks from previous emails: blames processor for delay
Cake does not even notify me that transactions later went through that they claimed were failed after several deposit attempts by me and 2 emails in which they say nothing can be done
This was my first deposit, and I giving up afterwards on cake
The money would have just stayed in the cake account dormant had I not specifically checked my bank statement
Cake then threatens to report me to processor agency if I go through with reversal

[/ QUOTE ]

I was clearly not going to do a chargeback after they had credited me (as the email I sent to them earlier had said)

very shortly afterwards, I try to log into my account it is locked. I send email in OP and they reply with email quotes from OP.
--------------------------------------------------------

I realize I didn't handle it as well as I could have ... was probably on tilt from them during it and not thinking clear. But I do think CS could have done much better too. Just reading this thread kinda tilts me.