View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 05:09 AM

Default Re: $25: A summary of newbie ness

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh i agree, it'd take me hours to get reads for all hands its safe to asume most of the players sucked.
It doesn't take that long to get reads if you're paying
[ QUOTE ]
attention. It's fairly safe to assume that they all suck, but what you really need to know is exactly how they suck - eg do they overplay weak hands, slowplay when they shouldn't, pay too much to draw, fold too easily, bluff too much, plus how's their betsizing and what does it mean.

[/qoute]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry should of been clearer, i usually have reads on most of my opponents. However i ment it'd take me hours to type them all out and hunt my PTDB for stats aswell as trying to remember the general dynamics of the table.

[ QUOTE ]

On the AA hand, I wouldn't usually fold this. There's not that many hands I'm worried about and I have a decent draw against some of them. A lot depends on reads (ie his calling range and what he makes a minraise on the flop with) and also your table image - if you're perceived as bluffing a lot of c-bets and folding to minimal heat and so on - and your history with this particular player. Some players I'd reraise, others I'd call and reevaluate the turn. I'm almost never folding this to a minraise when I only bet out 2/3 pot to start with.

Board: Jh Th Qs
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 43.2506 % 40.37% 02.88% { AdAh }
Hand 2: 56.7494 % 53.87% 02.88% { KK-TT, AQs+, QJs, JTs, AQo+, QJo, JTo }

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You dont fold but PS says we're 56/43? I believe this hand has huge reverse implied odds, you disagree?