View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM

Default I will mentor you for free

I want to mentor for free up to 10 players who i believe show good understanding of the fundamentals of poker and with my help i could get you guys from your current stakes to being where ever you want to get with poker. The students who i feel have the most potential and best attitudes will be the ones selected.

This will be mostly done through you sweating my sessions. This is why i'm doing this as free mentoring rather than charging for coaching. It will be at my stakes but i will speak about the adjustments i'd make if i was against a low stakes player, or how being against a thinking player changes the hand.

Other than this i'd also like it if we have our own small site w/ community forum and ability to host videos. So we can start threads on interesting hands in videos or post hands for you to decide the plays on. For this reason one of the selected must be able and willing to set that up.

Eventually i would like this to become a very small dedicated community in which everyone helps each other. For this reason i'm going to choose players from a variety of stakes and ages but all of you must be willing to give back to the community by helping the others. Be this uploading videos, posting comments or posting hands.

What you MUST have:

- A long term clear, measurable and timed goal of what you want from poker.

- A good listener, able to put your ego to one side

- Potential

- A long standing 2p2 account w/ no bad rep

- A high strategy to junk post ratio

- Be able to work programs like skype, logmein etc

- Cash NLHE as your main game.

- Willingness to help others.

- A headset or mic, heh.

What you don't need:

- To be playing higher stakes

- High previous earnings.

What you must NOT have:

- A smug attitude.

- A rigid style or unwillingness to expand your style.

- A superiority complex or argumentative nature.

- Any posts such as 'omg/fast/lol fold/shove'.

This would be a good example of someone with a good grasp of fundamentals and this a good example of attitude towards poker. I don't expect that level just that ambition.

The part i get out of this is that i play better when always explaining my thought process, i play better when i always have a clear goal in mind, i play more often when enjoying poker, i feel i will be getting more out of poker from helping you guys, i feel i will be more likely to force myself to keep on progressing with my game and i get to tell everyone 'i mentored him' when you win WSOP. I wont be charging anything for this, or putting ads on the site, or trying to make money from this.

My qualifications are played for 4 years beat 5/10 and 10/20 for 4 years. Currently playing exclusively 5/10 euro or 10/20 euro. 105k biggest ever month. 80k biggest ever downstreak (party blackjack 5k bets ha). Used to avg 14h/week for my first 3 years of playing, now trying to avg 32hr/week. Goal is a stress free poker career because of huge confidence in my game.

Apply in this thread with 1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.

Lastly, after mentioning this to a few people it seems some other people might be interested in also being a mentor. If you are PM me.

edit: please please apply in the thread. you are only reducing your chances by PMing me. I've had 4 in the past 2 minutes already.