View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: 400NLCASH a villain makes a lot of small bets - love him or hate h

I will usually give them the benefit of having my hand beat so I will usually fold high-low type of cards . If my opponent starts to try this strategy with any two cards , then I will call ALL mini raises if I believe my hand plays better than his .

ie , if I have k-4 and raise otb , then I will fold to a mini raise if I can put my opponent on a king with a better kicker or a medium pocket pair .

I will call/raise with all suited connectors and pocket pairs . In fact , I would rather have 5-4 suited than j-4 suited because you will lose more money when your jack hits than when your 5 hits .

Yes you will lose the minimum when you have the worst hand but on the flipside , you won't win much with your flushes either . You lose less with your bad hands and you win less with your good hands .

Another advantage in folding mini raises with high-low hands is that your opponent may think he can pull this off with more hands and then you can re-pop him preflop once in a while so that he strays away from this play . You can potentially exploit him for trying this move all the time .