Thread: AA OTB
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: AA OTB

here's the way it went down. in the actual hand, MP bets the river and CO raises and i instamucked. with that being said, going into the river i was pretty much planning on not showing down UI a good chunk of the time.

MP's action screamed of exactly KQ and CO was most likely on a draw or had a weak pair of some sort. as it turned out CO held J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and got lucky on the turn.

i don't think we see AK here for several reasons. there are only a few combos of it left(since i have AA and there's a King out) for one. also, i think we can heavily discount it based on the action pf. AK is capped pf by most all tight/aggro(pf) players in this game. the action after the flop discounted it as well. he can't put me on less than AA/AK/KK/99 after my pf and flop play(and if i had an overplayed QQ he's behind on the turn) so his turn checkraise makes no sense because he's getting 3bet alot.

i also heavily doubt a guy with his stats would show up with KJ after this pf, flop and turn action. that said, i felt that if i was beating a hand KJs was it.

so that leaves KQ and 99. 99 would usually cap the flop so i figured i had outs against his two pair most of the time. i was easily getting the price to call the turn trying to improve to twopair/set planning on maybe calling if it gets HU but not necessarily overcalling.

edit to add:

this isn't the type of fold we should typically be making. if it were, there wouldn't be a point in posting it. thought i would solicit some feedback as it's a spot i used to always call. if you're the type that would go tiltmonkey if he did show KJ, then it's going to be alot cheaper to just throw the extra BB in and showdown. the fact that i was going to get to see his cards without paying did play some factor.

also wanted to add(i forgot to mention) that the pot is protected with the 3rd player in. that means we are both going to play much more straightforwardly and as such compounded my reasoning behind the laydown.