View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for November!

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at potentially getting an IMac...anybody have one taht cares to comment how it has affected their poker life for the good/bad in terms of the software we use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll jump in as my PC decided to asplode itself and now I'm only on mac's.

There is a free program (well, it doesn't have an expiration trial date, anyway) called VMWare that allows you to run as many operating systems as you want. Using this, I have XP Pro running in the background almost always. Very quick/easy to switch back and forth.

Anything that works on your PC will work on your new version of XP, ldo.

As for running stuff in native mac OS X environment, you can run Full Tilt and any other mac friendly sites, but you will not have access to your PT db/HUD. If you are a HUD bot, this sucks. If you're not, then it doesn't matter.

Last point for poker related stuff is videos from sites like CR. They use a security feature that can only run on PCs. Like the sites, they will work fine in XP thru VMWare as long as you have the current version of Windows Media Player.

That's about it for the poker life on a mac. Other than that, macs are great in so many ways... I haven't got to try Leopard, but I heard it's just a juiced up version of Tiger.

If you're a computer whiz (i'm not) you'll like macs even more, 'cause it's a linux based system and you can do everything from a terminal prompt, while also living in the GUI friendly world of OS X.