View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Out of position on the river

did i ever say i really enjoy your posts. well now it is done. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

really at this point you cannot bet your hand for +ev. it has to be break even at best, and i would be suprised at that.
yes, your opponents are probably bad and they will call with all kinds of garbage; however, betting here will only get you raised by a better hand.(even dueces full would usually raise here. wrongly, but they usually would) and will you fold? of course not!

okay everyone, calm down! (always betting is not the key to winning poker) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

seriously what can they be drawing to after he paired his door card on 5th! i know they are often brain-dead, but what can seat 2 have K's or Q's up trip dueces or flush draw and a pair. and seat 7 seems to have a likely 4 flush.

so it seems to me that your best move with this large pot is to check and only call. you cannot fold and you cannot raise. the only question is what if seat 7 bets and seat 2 raises. now it 2 bets to you and you surely have the worst hand more often than 1 time in 9. hey but what do i know.

if you checked it to them let them, i say good for you! if not [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img], well maybe next time.

now if you can only identify a good player that will only value bet a made hand here and would check behind with a worse hand.