View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: KQ in BB, fold top pair?

Initially I thought nice hand, a good basic wa/wb line when OOP. I don't think was bad however I might do something differently.

You are way behind KK, JJ, AK, KJ. You are way ahead of QQ, TT and got 5 outs vs AA. But then AJ has 5 outs, AQ and AT have 7 outs.

If he's splashing/raising light I think there's a good chance of him having these hands. So I might protect/value bet/give no free card by donking the turn (as it brings a FD too) and calling down if raised.

C/r turn would be bad because I don't think our hand is strong enough to stand heat from a 3-bet (there is a decent chance we are behind too) and it'd give the villain a chance to take a free card.

The flop donk was good to protect your hand. Two broadways on the board and two preflop cold-callers means a good chance they have a gutshot or middle pair, etc. hands you wouldn't mind see folding here. The most likely bettor was to your immediate left, is aggro and thus likely to raise you too.

Bet/calling the river seems a good idea too. The river completes a BDFD and a SD and could be scary enough for the villain to not value bet AK or even KJ. Again, risking getting 3-bet would seem a bit too much although it isn't very likely given the scary-ish board even for sets.