View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: NL25 - Turned 2pair unraised pot

Weak kings are scary hands, especially when you get action multiway.

Let's start with the basics:

Preflop is fine. There's no reason to raise.

On the flop your bet is totally standard. You're betting for protection more than value, but if someone calls you're still looking fairly good.

On the turn you must reevaluate. Had that turn card been anything but a 4, I'd say you either check-fold or you bet small (say, half the pot) and fold to a raise. Given that you've paired up, you're getting value from TONS of other hands, and I welcome the extra action. UTG is already pot committed, so you might as well push. It'll basically be a pot-sized raise and it denies proper chasing odds to flush draws and straight draws. This guy is loose enough that he's probably going to make a bad call with a draw or with a strong K. If he slowplayed AA he's doubling you up, and he might even decide that his QQ is good.

If he flopped a set then the 4 was a doom card for us, but I'm pot-committed on this turn. Given that I'm committed I want the money in the middle while the draws are still live and before CO has a chance to reconsider his hand strength.

I three-bet all-in.