View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: HELP! (personal/low content)

[ QUOTE ]
So you could have gone if you wanted to then? That's not what your earlier posts implied.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have rescheduled to a more convenient time if I wanted to, sure. But there is no way I could have gone to the date I was summoned for, and would not have been guilty of any crime for not going if I had filed the appropriate paper work. (So, the issue here as it relates to criminal penalty is paper work, and not civic responsibility, because -- like it or not -- I did have a lawful excuse.) This really isn't that confusing.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, if you don't want to discuss the political/moral implications of your post, ring your mom for advice rather than posting on a "politics" discussion forum...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or I could include in the title "personal/low content" and make it clear in the OP that I'm not interested in hearing about how I screwed up and am just looking for practical help in how to proceed. It turns out, I got a lot of good help here (because many people here are more knowledgeable than my mom and apparently less self-righteous than you), and I'm glad I posted.

Thank you though for your meandering thoughts on the philosophy of civic responsibility.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice. I'll update this thread if anything exciting happens.