View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: The Worst Strategy You\'ve Overheard at a Table

[ QUOTE ]
I heard this gem from a guy. table is typical 1/2 NL Loose/passive.. limp, limp, raise to 12 from MP, call, call. I'm on the Button with TJ offsuit. I call, LDO, because I know at least one of the two limpers will call. sure enough, they both call. we're 5 to the flop for 12 each. flop AKQ 2 to a flush draw. Original raiser (who has a couple hundo still behind) fires $25 (obv. giving any draws odds to call, moron) and I raise to $100 to price out the obv. draws behind, he goes all in, I call, turn and river brick and he shows KK for trips.

Now, this wasn't the guy's fault (although the flop bet was horribly too small, but I'd already made a hand anyway). Then the guy starts wearing me out about the call. I mutter something about the button or something (no way am I educating about pot and implimed odds). and then he lays down the ulimate 1/2 smacktalk: "THEY WEREN'T EVEN SUITED".

like there is this HUGE difference between playing JTo and JTs. It's like what, 2%, equity against a random?

[/ QUOTE ]

You: "Yeah, cuz unsuited hands can make 2 kinds of flushes. Suited hands can only make 1 kind."

/commence monkey tilt