View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: What happened to the arb threads?

I'm thinking about getting into arbing, so I'd love to participate in the irc channel, and obviously do my best to contribute. I probably won't be able to spend that much time arbing, since I have quite a lot of schoolwork atm, but I'd love to put in as much time as I can.

[ QUOTE ]
havng problems connecting if anyone who knows much about Efnet can help me. "playrightway" on AIM

thx

[/ QUOTE ]

I also had problems connecting at first, then I messed around a bit with the firewall in my router, and it worked. I googled around a bit and found this page, and I think it has something to do with this (please correct me if I'm wrong):

[ QUOTE ]
Large networks like EFnet and DALnet often require identd, an identification protocol that verifies your username.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can be found under "4.3. No identd" on the page I linked.

I forwarded ports 113 (TCP) and 1024-1034 (TCP and UDP) and then restarted the router, and that seemed to do the trick. Tbh I suck with routers/port forwarding etc, so I'm not sure if those ports are the optimal solution, or if that even was what helped me, but you can give it a shot. I'm using mIRC 6.21 with NoNameScript 4.1 btw.

Anyway, I'll fire away a PM to you B00T, then if it's OK I'll just try and see if I can manage to get into the channel, then I'll stay out of it until I'm ready to start arbing seriously.

Btw, I joined #2p2sports @ EFnet and it's all empty.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]