View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: A level headed discussion about Implicit Collusion, 2p2, and AP

[ QUOTE ]
You make some good points, Oski.

I take exception to one thing, though.

[ QUOTE ]
For real life you should always exercise prudence and think through how any deal will play out. You must assume that individual parties may act to fulfill their interests in a manner where one party benefits to the detriment of another. If there is a stong possibility that that party will be you, perhaps you should rethink the deal or avoid it all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the one thing that anyone in business who makes deals a lot will not think of in those terms. Good deals are deals where the pie gets bigger. Everyone wins. There's more to go around. If you are in a deal where the pie is only so big, two dimensional thinking is going to hurt you every time. You need to look for ways to increase the pie.

Perhaps it would not be possible, given the nature of poker, that such an arrangement could exist between sites and pros.

One thing is for sure, limited thinking and adversarial relationships aren't going to solve the problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

By all means you are correct. I was limiting my points to zero sum situations in order to carry out the poker analogy. Of course, the best deals are not zero sum, but many are (even if they are not intended as such), human nature has proven to be quite distructive time and again.