View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Re: * * * Official WPT Niagara Thread * * *

I'm going to have to side with gobbo.

Implying that bringing your passport to WPT Niagra is a complete freeroll is a stupid statement. There is obviously some harm that can come with bringing the passport. The main possible problem would obviously be losing the passport. If Gobbo leaves the passport at home, there is 0% chance he loses the passport. However, if he does bring the passport, I'd say there is at least a .5% chance he loses it, either by forgetfulness, a mugging, a stripper stealing it, car accident, etc. I also believe there is a greater chance he loses it, than him getting into any sort of situation where the passport would be of great value to him as knowing Jimmy, he usually veers away from trouble. The probability of Jimmy getting into trouble (<.5%) AND there being an error on the website meaning he needed the passport (<.1%) is definitely less than the probability of Jimmy losing it.
Then it would only make practical sense for Jimmy to leave the passport at home. Also, it would probably help Jimmy have a more enjoyable experience at WPT Niagra if he doesn't have to stress about taking care of, and not misplacing, a very important document of his that he needs to go to several other poker tournaments that require that document.