View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: NBA Power Rankings, EAST.

[ QUOTE ]
Really good comments Billy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, sir!

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't really overlook Hedo - they're playing him currently at the 4, with Rashard at the 3, I think. I don't know, looks like the team is a mess with scarcity of quality players. They're going to count on Jameer to do more then he can handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe they'd start Hedo at PF! He's a SG/SF. I was thinking it'd be Nelson/Turkoglu/Lewis/Howard/Foyle or Nelson/Turkoglu/Ariza/Lewis/Howard or Nelson/Dooling/Turkoglu/Lewis/Howard. Either way, yes, some truly awful players will get playing time for this team (Dooling, Bogans, Redick, and Foyle).

[ QUOTE ]

you're absolutely right, but here's the thing. They have dwayne wade. The heat are basically the poor man's cavs; LBJ is dominant, Wade is close. Shaq's value is basically close to that of Z. (A little better but misses a ton of games) Jason Williams is better then Snow, but Hughes is better then Antoine. (I guess he's a starter, eh???) As bad as the cast is, when you have a truly great player, you get into the post season, so unless Wade misses games too, they are a favorite to atleast make a token appearance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Garnett the last couple of years, Bryant the year after the Shaq trade, McGrady losing 21 games in a row. When your team is "that bad" there's not much you can do. If this team stays healthy they're probably a #6 seed but fat chance of that.

[ QUOTE ]

Varejao is obviously VERY important, but I disagree about Sasha; I think he is a nice player, and I'm kinda surprised they havent come to terms yet. Def. a solid rotation player... Really don't follow you on the 1-2-3 part. Who is supposed to be 2 and 3? "Boobie" ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant best PG/SG/SF tandem.

[ QUOTE ]
I see it as Spurs/Mavs/Suns likely have a combined ~60 to ~75% chance of claiming a title. Of the remaining ~40 to 25% chance, the Celtics have a ~10 to ~20% slice, making them nearly equals. No other team has nearly the equity of those 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you're coming from but I think these odds are way off. I think Chicago has a slightly better chance of winning a title than Boston does and Boston isn't far ahead of Cleveland. Chicago, Cleveland, Boston, Houston, and Utah all have about equal chances.