View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: NBA over/under win totals

Wow. I didn't realize anyone cared.

Lakers under has equity because of a greater than 0% possibility that Kobe Bryant gets traded. Brown and Odom both banged up, a trade would totally reform the team, over .500 at that point would be an unlikely scenario.

Boston under because over 50 wins is a tall order for a team that is totally revamped. Granted, they have a few stars, now, but traded away all their depth, and any prolonged injuries to one or more of the big three makes them very unlikely to reach 51 wins.

Sacramento has not done anything to improve except change coaches, Miller, Artest, Bibby one year older, young core of Douby, Martin and Garcia not enough to improve this record. Hawes too young to provide much needed muscle, didn't improve on their crappy shooting. 34.5 too high. SAC 16-25 last half of last year.

Portland over. Portland going in the opposite direction as SAC. bad body language of Randolph, who is gone, with Frye and Blake filling needs. They can only go up, even without Oden. Portland 15-25 last half of lst year, but I believe have significantly improved.

Philadelphia over 32.5. Reggie Evans is exactly what this team needed. They were so soft. Adding 7'0 banger Jason Smith will help marginally, ultimately he will start grabbing time from Dalembert, another softy. Miller solid, young talented group of Lou Williams, Smith and Rodney Carney ready to step up. Freak Thaddeus Young won't be a factor yet, too young. PHI was 24-17 last half of last year, now they are adding muscle. 32.5 waaay too low, should be about 41.

Seattle over 27.5. What they did lat year means nothign, since this team is totally new. Ridnour and Collison a year better and Durant and Green are not just your average rookies. Durant has LeBron potential and I think can make an impact immediately. I also think they benefit from a slightly weaker West, as will Portland, and I think the 27.5 is a number that is very attractive. I consider them better than SAC, probably around 32 wins, maybe 34. Really with this bet, I am betting that Durant is more than your average rookie.

I agree with you on NJ, by the way.