View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: What goes around...

As previously stated, I know that I personally would find it condescending if someone offered me some of my bets back.

The farthest my conscience has ever driven me in a situation like that is I might check the nuts on the river with him on a future hand when I know he's likely to go for another 1-2 bets. Although I would tell him thats what I'm doing. There is no point checking the nuts as a favor if the guy doesn't realize you did it.

I think the only other change I've ever made in my play for the sake of the game (as opposed to my stack) is if I happen to suck out and I know it, I might make a stupidly big bet as a warning. I have even on occasion said aloud "I sucked out on you" before he/she calls. But the only time I've ever done this is in a situation where I was attempting to preserve happiness at the table or keep a calling station in the game to suck money out of the nits.

Now that I think about it, I'm doing that for my own benefit too, so I guess it probably doesn't count on my good karma rating.

Oh well, I guess I can't escape my own cold, calculating nature.