View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Man vs Wild is fake

[ QUOTE ]
Dang. I was watching this just yesterday. The first time I saw it months ago I was thoroughly impressed, but the second time [yesterday] i was noticing all the stupid camera shots and cut aways and I started to become really suspicious of everything. I knew for a fact that he wasn't doing everything the exact way he said he was, especially because the camera man had to follow him all the time. This is disappointing, but not surprising at all.

In case anyone doesn't know though, Les Stroud who does Survivor Man is the absolute real deal. I love this dude and he inspired me to try my own survival trip.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Stroud

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at calling this guy "the real deal". What on that wiki makes him the real deal. This has already been discussed here, and its clear that Man v. Wild host Bear Grylls is more of a "real deal"

He was in the SAS

He is trained in unarmed combat, survival skills, and only had to leave the army when a parachuting went wrong and he broke his spine in three places.

[ QUOTE ]
Grylls first entered the record books in 1997 by being the youngest Briton to summit Ama Dablam in the Himalayas, a peak famously described by Sir Edmund Hillary as "unclimbable".

Then in 1998, Grylls broke another record of becoming the youngest Briton, at 23, to summit Mount Everest. Both these achievements are made even more remarkable by the fact that a mere two years earlier he almost severed his spinal cord in a near fatal parachuting accident in Africa.[6]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
In 2007 Grylls broke a new world record by flying a petrol-powered paraglider over the Himalayas, higher than Mount Everest. He had to cope with temperatures of -60C and dangerously low oxygen levels to reach 29,500 feet, almost 10,000 feet higher than the previous record of 20,019 feet.[7] T

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, lol

[ QUOTE ]
He is Christian, and in many interviews has expressed his devout faith. The only alcoholic beverage he will consume is whiskey.

[/ QUOTE ]