View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Young guy, looking for advice on where to go next.

Well,

I could do day trading in the future as a full-time job, I wouldn't mind this.

I don't understand your real estate terminology, so I will look up some things on that and see if I can figure out what is going on there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

For the college towns thing: I would rather rent in my hometown. I could do it in the college town obviously, but I would like to eventually return to my hometown. It is a small town but we just recently built a new highschool and we have a college within 12 miles or so, so I may consider there eventually. Obviously it looks like I will have to wait a while regardless so I can learn about real estate and how to invest/etc in it, as I don't know anything about it right now.

Also, what kind've long-term returns can one expect to see from investing on the markets? I would do a mixture between long-term and short-term investments in my profile, so not fully day trading but not just letting all of the money sit there. If I did this what kind've returns could I expect after a couple years of doing this? (I am planning on really getting into investing soon and then I will have 4 years of working on it so I am wondering what kind've returns I could look at getting once I got out of college and was 4 years deep into the markets)