View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 12:01 AM

Default My account closed, funds seized on PS

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12975062

Can't believe any of this has happened, but here goes:

November of 2006, I was staked a good sum of money by a guy named naciremA. Thanks to the help of adam, I then found out that naciremA was a multi-accounter named streetz. He had used his roommates identity to open up a Pokerstars account. I uncovered all of this information on my own, presented it to Pokerstars, they dealt with it. I asked them if it would hurt me that I had received funds from streetz when I did not know it was him. They assured me, it wouldn't.

Fast forward to this morning.

Last night I woke up late and was busy packing some things up as I am moving soon. I set time to play the $11 6-Max MTT on Pokerstars. I was up all-night, didn't play anything after that.
This morning I woke up and transferred $8 to rmthawk64 that I owed him. I logged out of Pokerstars. When I tried logging back in, I got this message:

IMPORTANT: IF someone could self-exclude themselves for 24-hours and try logging in and providing proof that this error does not happen after a self-exclusion, this could at least clear me of trying to self-exclude myself and make up a story (although that wouldn't prove if the story was made up).

I e-mailed Stars asking why my account was closed and got this e-mail:

I then was contacted by Stephen, who claimed to be the Game Security Manager. We talked and he told me that they had just pieced together that I had received stolen funds more than a year ago. I explained to him that this had happened and I myself had alerted PokerStars what had happened. They said they have no record of these e-mails. NOTE: I may have posted these e-mails on Neverbeg, and will look into it and see if I can provide them myself. I remember when I caught HiroReborn, they lied to him and said they hadn't told me about his account when they did. They could be BSing here as well.

They said that they had to close my account and confiscate my funds. I told them that all of the money in my account was actually not mine and I was being backed to run a series of events for an extended period of time. I provided Stephen with some links of previous stakes which made proof of some rather large transfers on Pokerstars. He said this was enough information for him to not need to delve into my transfer history and people who I have transferred to in the past. But Stephen was firm on saying my account needed to be closed because of direct contact with the perpetrator. I explained to him that I could not AFFORD to have this money confiscated and he said that he was sorry but it was necessary.

Then, I sent an e-mail to Pokerstars again and got a response. This e-mail includes my original message and their response:

I don't really know what to do. I had Loonbat lock my FTOPS BAP so that no one tries transferring me on Stars.

I no doubt believe that a lot of people might not believe this story, and I completely understand. Any ideas you can come up with of ways for me to prove my innocence, I am all ears. You can check my FTP/PS accounts, I haven't played anything above my head. I am willing to request my last months worth of hands to prove I didn't donk off money at cash tables, etc etc. Whatever is necessary.

This whole ordeal makes me feel sick. I cannot afford 2.9k at this point in my life. I am going through a rough patch due to my student loan being revoked. In fact, Vedder loaned me some cash just so I could make it through the month, and now I owe this on top of my debt to him. I just can't believe how bad I have been getting it for the past month or so.

Mark