View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: ~~~ Official 2007 KC Chiefs Don\'t Totally Suck thread ~~~

Yeah. I thought I had a handle on who this team was and where we were headed. I had a feeling we'd start out slow and ugly this year. Then get our confidence and get rolling. This game wasn't part of the plan.

Just like the Texas game, we drive down the field to inside the 10 on the first drive, making it look easy. Then stall. Then miss a FG. Then turn into an offensive basket case. Ridiculous.

Huard wasn't awful but not real impressive. Our line apparently is way worse w/o Turley, which is really scary. Our defense really sucked on 3rd and long. Garard played almost a perfect game btw. Very impressed. And [censored] Jones-Drew is like trying to tackle a greased-pig.

And the wildcard no one expected... LJ has apparently quit trying. Casey Wiegmann (fairly sure it was him) said if we sign LJ to a big deal we'd create a monster. Starting to look like he was right.

Yeah our line isn't making holes. But we STILL need LJ to grind out the 3-5 yards he used to get most of the time. Instead he pussy-foots around and falls down. Even on [censored] 3rd and 2. Inexcusable. I'm having flashbacks of Donnell Bennet and even Theotis Brown. I can count on one hand the number of times LJ's broken a tackle or laid into someone this year.

I think all of the KC area finally knows what Vermeil meant with the diaper comment. I honestly always thought that was a really weird, cheap shot. Until now.

Bleh. We'll see how they bounce back. The good news is we're only .5 games out
of first. woot