View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 01:04 AM

Default Re: PS $6.50 - Questionable play from BB

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, at the time it was great, but I knew I went to far with it. Thats good advice, and I try to stay away from caring if it won or lost [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the only way to think if you want to get better. It is hard to accept that though, but it comes with time.

[ QUOTE ]
That said.. MOST of the times probe bets get called, its better to check fold the flop unless you have either an ironclad read or hit a great turn card? Thanks again!

Gotta love the donks =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as in everything with poker it depends on the situation. The essence of good SNG poker involves how much is in the pot in relation to your stack and how big the blinds are in relation to your stack. When the blinds are low and the pots are small you normally don't want to invest too much money, unless you have a premieum hand. That being said the probe bet on this hand was "ok" but any action after that is not needed. Make sure you have a strong drawing or all ready made hand before you go into later streets (when the blinds are low). Unless you are running some kind of crazy bluff, which does not really even pay off till the later levels anyway. And futhermore sophisticated bluffs at this level are not needed.