View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu\'s Latest Cardplayer Article

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was anyone else annoyed by the math in this article? The player is making $2K per week playing 5-10 NL as the best player at that limit (which seems low considering the best player could expect a winrate of $50-75/hr at those stakes).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, 40 hours a week at $50 an hour is $2000 a week. Now, a $75/hour winner would make $3000 a week at 40 hours per.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah you're right, $2K per week seems like a pretty good earn estimate for a really good live 5-10 NL player. Averaging close to $10K per week for a 10-20NL player seems absurd though. Even at an amazing 10 PTBB/100 he'd need to play over 70 hours a week. So maybe this theoretical shot taker developed some impressive stamina when he moved up in stakes to the higher games.

Damn imagine how hard it must be on DN's wife to be supported by someone who seems to be willing to put up a good percentage of their net worth on something that he's terrible at like golf. I mean for the spouse of a grinding style pro poker player there are good times and bad of course. But you wouldn't normally have to deal with someone who wants to bet most of their savings on a whim. None of my business of course, but hopefully Danny sticks to betting on stuff that he's good at and for hopefully less than 5% of his net worth at a time. I find it bizarre that someone with those traits is writing advice columns to other gamblers who err too much on the side of caution (like me). Personally I'd rather be getting advice from someone who exhibits a happy medium of taking some intelligent gambles without risking most of his savings.