View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop

1) What do you think about blind stealing at this level? Would you do it and if so under what conditions?

I think stealing early is more about creating image than winning chips: the value of a few chips this early is ~ zero. I'd suspect that hero:
will be betting on the large side PF and ATF (4XBB in this case).
Will be selecting the higher variance lines.
will be attacking frequently from late position.

Of course much more info is needed, but I'd be thinking about adjustments if I was sitting in one of the seats to hero's left.

2) What's your decision on the flop? Do you check or bet (and if so, how much)?

I'd bet out T140. Villain should expect this bet whether hero hits the flop or not, so it doesn't really give villain any information. Hero wants to build the pot with what is likely the best hand (although fragile). Hero can get away with the large bet given his large PF raise.

3) What's your plan on the turn (if any) based on your decision on the flop, the villain's action, and what card comes?

If checked to, I'd bet T400 on all turns except a 9.
If a dangerous turn comes and villain bets, I'd call and call a reasonable bet on the river.

4) Any other thoughts at this point?

Neither player is likely to know where they stand in the hand if villain decides to play. If Hero wants a terrifying aggressive image, this is a great hand to get it from. Hero probably isn't that much ahead against hands villain will proceed with OOP this early in a tournament unless villain seeks the same image.