View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I am not going anymore on AP's dime. I made the decision on a few levels.

a) People who know me would know that I would not be compromised. Other people wouldn't. Most people don't know me. Therefore, most people wouldn't believe my report. Since I'm not doing this for the money, I don't really care if I skip going. Someone else from 2p2 (Mason, please...) can take the position with AP and do as they see fit.

b) I don't want to deal with the legality issues of possibly being considered a paid consultant.

I am considering another method of going and still asking questions. I may or may not take advantage of this other opportunity depending on some details that are yet to be worked out such as what I would be responsible for doing, what the terms are w/r/t publishing the report, etc. I plan on discussing details tomorrow if it comes though.

Sorry, but if a report is going to have questionable integrity in the eyes of many (even if those who know me would trust me), it just isn't worth it. I'd be doing this so people would think there's an independent person down there and too many people believe that money compromises. I can say until I'm blue in the face that it doesn't compromise me, but a lot of people don't believe that.

Thank you to AP for the offer and opportunity. I welcome the invitation of Adanthar or another 2p2er down to CR on AP's behalf and I'll support his trip.

-Nat

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, now lets see all of the people that bitched about you being paid to go will now bitch that you aren't going.

gg guys