View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: an argument against HUDs

[ QUOTE ]
i guess my point is that villains flop check/raise is utterly retarded, and i assumed a 30/20/2 guy would not do something so moronic. what does he think i have?
i either have him crucified or i am folding. in the off chance that i have KQ-KT, his only hope of winning the pot is to fire every street, as his line is super strong and i cannot call the with merely a king unless i think the guy is a total monkey, which, if you belive 30/20, he shouldn't be/. after playing more with him, he proved to be a total spazz, but still had the coveted 30/20 stats, so on paper looked like a good player, but he was capable of this........

[/ QUOTE ]
You haven't exactly covered yourself with glory here.

1. Capping preflop with KTs is a spazz play in its own right.

2. Betting the flop is a highly questionable decision. What did you hope to accomplish?

3. Assuming that a player is good postflop based on his preflop statistics is ridiculous. Blaming the HUD is like using a knife to hammer nails and then complaining when you hit your thumb.

4. You still don't realize that (consciously or not) Villain has completely outplayed you. He got to show down his hand from OOP for less than the going rate. The chips he did spend all went in while his two outs were still live. I might have questioned his play but you explained why he is right: "i either have him crucified or i am folding." That makes the river an easy checkfold for him once you call the turn. Plus even if you do have JJ or something he can expect you not to bet it.