View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Phil Hellmuth best holdem player by far

[ QUOTE ]
I'll assume that most of the responses here are levels.

In the last four years, Hellmuth has won one heads up invitational and a couple of low buy in super donkaments at the WSOP (nearly every pro that's asked says the structure of these massive 1500/2500 WSOPs is terrible). His record in WPT events (i.e. the deepstack live events) is mediocre (that's being charitable) for the self-proclaimed best holdem player in the world.

The guy rarely plays cash games these days. The best NLHE cash game players would eat him alive (I'm talking live players here). On TV, the guy talks non-stop about what his thinking is about every hand (and he's not trying to be deceptive). This is monumentally stupid when playing against decent opposition.

In limit cash games, Hellmuth is not even close to an elite player.

With so much technical knowledge about poker available, it is evident that Hellmuth is one of those old-school pros that the game has passed by. He can't, however, admit this, and therefore refuses to adjust.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're just too dumb to understand phil hellmuth's nuance and high level thinking when it comes to all forms of poker.

stop berating the world's most famous and best hold'em player that is also profficient at other forms of the game, and nascar.