View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Florida rooms don\'t allow dealers to muck showdown hands

[ QUOTE ]
The Isle in Pompano and the Hard Rock Hollywood, possibly one or two other rooms, have recently set a policy in which the dealer is not allowed to muck hands at showdown. As he's reading hands, the dealer must turn losing hands face down in front of the player but cannot gather in cards until after the pot is awarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I'll be in the minority here but to me this constitutes a folded / mucked hand. So if you table your hand and the dealer consequently turns it face down, it is now folded / mucked. Or if you do not table your hand it is folded / mucked. These cardrooms have redefined the traditional "muck pile". Just my .02

But if they've ruled that a player can turn his cards back over at any point, reincarnating his hand so to speak, as you were allowed to do, then they've just created a big mess for themselves.

You failed to read your hand properly and chose to fold, rather than table it allowing the cards to speak. Thanks to a bad rule you were able to bring your hand back to life and claim part of the pot. I disagree with it but if thats their rule, good for you.

Pfap - as for online vs. live. Imo, a live player at showdown has just as much protection as an online player. All he needs to do is turn his hand face up. It's hard to fold the winning hand if you don't fold.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]