View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: How to adjust to 1/2 NLHE with a $5 to come in rule

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be inclined to go $10 when opening. I'd say play fewer hands, and the ones you do play you'll generally have to play more aggro, esp if effective stacks tend to be around $100 instead of $300.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I guess I don't see why this would have a huge impact on strategy vs. your typical B&M 1-2 NL with the same average stacks and max buy-in.

The only thing that making it $5 to go does is eliminate open-limping. But open-limping is so rarely a good idea in SSNL that you, the good player in a bad game, are not sacrificing much.

You'll lose some overall EV from those times when, in raising from LP, you pick off 1-2 limpers in addition to the blinds and thus win $5 or $7 instead of $3. Because of this, you do in fact need to play tighter than a standard 1-2 NL would dictate ... but probably not by much (maybe a percent or two).

OK, I lied, there is one big strategy change ... from the SB or BB, unless you're chopping, always treat the pot as having been raised in front and tighten up accordingly. Otherwise you'll find yourself losing a lot of chips with 2nd-best hands that you just had to play because "it's only $3".

Mook