View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: How do you handle this one? (Bad conduct and worse conduct)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely in the camp of keep your mouth shut if you're not in the hand. No offense OP, but you seem like you're the exact type of person that I can't stand at the table.

You might not be, and this might just be a one time situation for you, but you almost always have one person at the table who feels like it is their duty to police the table.

Last night, I had a guy out of the hand call a string bet on someone who check-raised me when I had the nuts. I was pissed and gave the dude some nasty looks. Thankfully, I've played with the dealer a lot, she's really cool and knows me so she let the guy know it's not his place to say something. If she didn't say anything, my comment after the hand would have been something similar to what Player 2 said to you, and I am far from a voilent person or someone that loses their cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

After rereading my OP, I see that I really did not clearly explain what happened. Every other player at the table thought Player 2 was WAY out of line there, first by exposing his cards, and then by threatening me. The game broke up after the floor made his ridiculous comment, as everyone cashed out and left.

I am not usually the kind of person who tries to "run the table". I spoke up mainly to protect Player 1, who would not complain ever about anything to the floor.

This particular card room has a big sign on the wall with "Poker Rules" which states (among 25 other things) that a live hand cannot be shown during a hand in progress unless the action is heads up.

This guy was the jerk beyond all jerks, and the floorman was the wimp beyond all wimps.

Does this clarify the situation any?