View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Official November Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
talking about poker to normal people is a nightmare.

[/ QUOTE ]

and it makes you look like a douchebag

[/ QUOTE ]

very very true.

also, when people complain about money or are cheap as [censored] when it comes to [censored] like getting drinks at a bar or not wanting to pay a cover charge, im always like omg wtf is wrong with these people?!?! then i remember that they're normal and we play poker and don't have much respect for money

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that but when people ask you how you have been going and you reply with "Great been going awesome up 12k this week" or something they tend to think a)your full of [censored] b)your bragging and being a douche. Whereas its just a statement of your result but they read into it more than you intended, which can be uncomfortable. This is especially true when discussing losses or downswings.

If your not a poker player you will never understand a downswing or understand the standardness of loosing 5k+.

Also I dont really hang around my non-poker playing friends to talk poker. If they ask how its going my standard response is "good" and quickly change the subject. Also I definately dont try and show off etc around them or act all "balla".

Its easy to become a social retard playing alot of poker and im trying to hold it off as long as possible.