View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

[ QUOTE ]

I gave up dating girls who aren't native English speakers. I joke around and am very sarcastic and use irony a lot and it gets you down to have to continually explain things to the point when you don't bother joking around anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all just a matter of personal preference. Although I am sexually attracted to American girls, I am sure I would never marry one. I'm not entirely sure why, but I strongly prefer continental European women.

As long as a woman can speak English fluently, I prefer non-native speakers. English is my girlfriend's third language. When we first met, our cultural differences resulted in humorous situations and made for easy conversation starters. As time went on our conversations became more meaningful, her English got better with practice and I started to learn her language. She definitely knows me well and can relate to me better than any of my previous American girlfriends.

Two of my friends who have dated girls from other countries strongly prefer American girls. It just depends what you are looking for and what you value.