View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Your gaming backlog

[ QUOTE ]
How'd you like Eternal Sonata?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't crazy about it, really. I liked the first Baten Kaitos a lot so I thought I would enjoy this since it had a similar feel, but my biggest complaint is that it was just way, way too linear. There are basically no sidequests. It also seemed like it might have been rushed to market or something. There were huge areas where you'd wander way off the beaten path hoping to find some cool item or something and you'd get nothing. Just...nothing. And you're saying "why did they bother making this area so big!?"

The little score piece mini-game collection thing was ok, but you have to play the game twice in order to satisfy all the 'performers' (that is, you get score pieces later in the game to match earlier people's note charts). And I hated that it didn't keep track of which note charts you'd matched up, so you had to have a really good memory or basically play every chart every time you found someone.

All that aside, the combat was very cool, very innovative and a lot of fun to do. It was enough to carry me through and get me to finish the game, but I don't see myself playing it again (unless I decide I really want xbox achievement points, since the overwhelming majority are given out on the second playthrough).