View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Re: effect of your birth order in how likely you are to be reading thi

[ QUOTE ]
I just read a very interesting article from Time magazine which examined how birth order affects how we turn out.

The oldest sibling is supposedly more conscientious and concerned with meeting expectations and therefore more likely to hold a profesional position

The middle siblings may take longer to choose a career than other siblings and may make opposite life choices to the oldest sibling.

Then this is the interesting bit, the younger siblings are often more prone to risk taking, likely to be artists, adventurers, entrepeneurs, or presumably... poker players.

I know that I fit the profile and I think it'd be interesting to start a survey here and see if the results correlate, so if you're interested please post your birth order here.

I'm 3rd out of 4

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm way off...

1st of 3 - very far from normal.

The middle child in my family has much more normal "future career choices", but is 19 and still hasnt come to a decision.

The last child is a 16 year old drama queen mooch who needs to grow out of it. Not sure how that falls into the category. Probably too young to tell.