View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: How often should I reraise the river with a monster, but not the n

[ QUOTE ]
A little similar hand. But now you do have the nuts. How often do you reraise? The rake is 5%, to a maximum of $3.

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3.75BB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero re-raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 re-raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero re-raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 re-raises</font>, Hero ????

[/ QUOTE ]

so many times I try to find some cute way to slow down because I just know we're splitting he ends up showing me something idiotic like A4 or QQ or something here.

and there are enough times when I keep hitting raise even though I just know we're just paying more rake to split and he ends up with the same garbage.

Unless it's a solid TAG who you know incredibly well I think you just have to keep raising away here. Splitting the hand and paying extra-rake to do it sucks. But remember that you're essentially splitting that extra-rake and the chances of him being a total moron and actually not having the nuts with you are almost always high enough to justify the extra action since you only have to be not splitting like 1 time in 50 or something to make it okay.

Kind of different on crypto though with that no cap thingee. But as has already been mentioned, you are already past the cap so might as well keep raising all the way.