View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: investor/finance fake job ideas please

[ QUOTE ]
I just like to say I don't have a job. 100% truth which is good because I'm bad at lying. People often stop asking at that point.

If you don't want to sound like a bum you could just say you're an investor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a professional gambler, but I'm a professional RE investor. Bascially I'm unemployed and the vast majority of my income is passive. I've got lots of free time...

Anyway, I used to tell people simply that I don't work. It got weird with people thinking that I was unintentionally unemployed. I even had a few people offer me jobs or suggest a brother in law that can use a part time guy for a little while.

So I started telling people that I'm an investor. The problem w/ being a professional RE investor is that *everyone* thinks they understand REI. Or people would think that I'm a stock market guy and start asking me all kinds of questions. I don't know JACK about stocks. Others would think that I'm a Realtor. I have a pretty low opinion of realtors, so that became pretty annoying.

Now I just tell people simply that I manage my assets. Sometimes I tell people that I'm a manager. That has been working for quite a while now.