View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: QJs got there on river

Our hand looks like a 9x type hand. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the majority of 1/2 players are checking behind fairly quickly with one of these type hands thanking their good fortune to being able to show down without putting more money in. I will also go out on a limb to say that the majority of 1/2 players will VB KK/AA here much more often then looking to induce given action leading up to river.

If the flush draw was a result of the flop being 2-tone rather then it being a result of the turn card then I would understand looking to trap with KK/AA more. As is though, the only other common draw besides for JT is 67. Seems thin for him to narrow our range in such a fashion that he can expect a bluff from us given the lack of floating hands we presumably have. And since he is most likely never folding KK/AA there is no point in checking in fear of the JT since he is paying it off anyways so he might as well just view this river strictly in terms of value. And betting holds more value then checking with KK+.