View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: San Fransisco bans Plastic bags from Grocery stores

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should the city step in when a restaurant is serving rotten dog meat?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I want to eat rotten dogmeat soup, who are you to stop me?

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I dont want to get into the politics of it ( my goal is really just to express that I think banning plastic bags is a good idea) i will try to answer the question:

1.Because over 50% of your peers do not want rotten dog meat to be served in restaurants just in case they eat it by mistake or in case it contaminates other foods at the restaurant. This is a democracy , its not perfect but its better than most ways.
2. This is more a Canadian view- Because your peers don't want to subsidize your trip to the hospital.
3. If you want rotten dog meat then do it in your own home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand - where did you read that the majority of San Fransisco residents support this? The news reports I've seen, every single person they've talked to, has been against this. Some old lady was sad because she cannot grip the paper type bags, but the plastic ones she can. Much like the recent trans-fat ban in NYC, where 85% of people polled were against it, and the recent licenses for immigrants, were again, sometihng like 80% were against it, just because a local government does something, doesn't mean its what the majority of citizens wanted done.