View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: U.S. businesses accept pesos. Immigration hawks go nuts.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is this such a big deal? I paid with Canadian dollars at a restaurant (national chain) in Bellingham, WA earlier this year. All that happened was I got raped on the exchange.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but Canadian people are largely white, so when they come and give us their funny looking monopoly money and toonies with ducks on them, it's not a problem. In fact, it's largely a source of curiosity, if not a minor annoyance because their stupid coins don't fit in American vending machines.

On the other hand, the dark people's money is obviously scary, threatening, and constitutes a grave and gathering threat to national sovereignty.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the difference is that Canadians don't illegally immigrate into the US en masse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah but their currency sure as hell does. I get those damn queen-laden dimes all the time. If I got a Peso back from some oblivious cashier, I'd think "hey cool, a Peso." Instead, I'm enraged every time I see those stupid dimes and pennies. Clearly, Canadian currency is a larger threat to our sovereignty than Pesos.

But more seriously, these businesses make extra money off of people paying with Pesos. So the damn Mexicans are taking our jobs, stealing our money down south, but then when they pay extra to put money back in "our" businesses, they're damn Mexicans again. I guess some people can never win.