View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Re: You never know where you are

[ QUOTE ]
this type of player makes it crucial to learn how to interpret "tells" when in a live atmosphere. alot of times these opponents vary their reactions by the strength of their hands. learn these reactions and it can almost be as good as them flipping their cards face up.

[/ QUOTE ]I do try this when I'm playing live (2/4 or 5/10 euro), but I never seem to pick up any tell, not even a vague one. I've looked in the micro FAQ and searched a bit on the forums, but I can't find any thread/article which explains the first baby steps. There's so many people to watch and so many things I could be paying attention to. Should I just start observing only one or two players in a session? What are the best things to start looking for as a newbie? I've ordered Mike Caro's book but it will take some time before it arrives; is it any good?

(Sorry for the thread hijack but I'm also getting pissed off; the other night a guy was calling to the river with his JJ on a KJ763 rainbowbord while I was "value"betting my TP).