View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 04:52 PM

Default $11 NLTRN, trying to fix my leaks

im starting to notice one of my major leaks lately is Im playing passive, especially when it gets expensive making bad calls on chases, when folding or raising would be better. SO heres a hand. I discussed it with my friend who is not a HU player, but a pretty solid tourney player. Hes not unfamiliar with HU but he doesnt really study it avidly. Im also going to post our discussion on the hand shown. Please comment on the hand and any insight into our discussion:

only read on villain: he will almost call ATC to my button raises, or even BB reraises. he has overbet on a flop once to me and folded when i pushed.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t20/t40
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: t1535
BB: t1465

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t105</font>, BB calls t65 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t125)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t210, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t160</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero??

-----(this discussion is after the flop comes out)---

// chris... says:
64o here
// chris... says:
what do u think
Banyai says:
raise?
// chris... says:
to?

{...HAND CONTINUES...}

Banyai says:
gg
// chris... says:
i like ur raise idea
// chris... says:
im not sure i would done that
// chris... says:
prob a leak
// chris... says:
i usually make bad passive chases
Banyai says:
i dont like calling that much and i dunno folding is an option but by raising u make him make a decision and if he just calls u can prob win the hand with a bet on the turn
// chris... says:
the only problem in HU turbos though is the limited chips relative to blinds
// chris... says:
i basically commit to that hand with a flop raise
// chris... says:
especially if hes strong and i lead turn
Banyai says:
ya by raising u pretty much cant fold but i dunno it usually works
// chris... says:
i guess