View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Leggo Poker avatars

[ QUOTE ]
Does that mean it'd be ok for me to list my location as "Cardrunners"? Can I put my avatar as a CR logo since the logo itself doesn't actually say Cardrunners or Cardrunners.com on it? CR pays for ads on 2p2 and has its own hand history converter that could be used on 2p2 if people wished, leggopoker is not even paying for any ads. I am just wondering where the line is.

IMO even if the site doesn't have actual content, it is still free advertising for them if they get to list their location as "leggopoker." I can figure out between the lines what it all means, and surely any monkey can too. Also, as was earlier pointed out, clearly it brings them future benefit pumping out their name now, before there is content.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was up to me, I think I'd say "yes" to Cardrunners, and most other names without the www and the .com, in the Loc. (If we allow, and I think we should, "Blogging", or "Datamining", or any other "ing", in the Loc, then any monkey can figure out that they need to look in a poster's Profile to see the blog address. They could be met with www.cardrunners.com, or whatever is legitimately written in the Profile. In fact, they wouldn't even need to be a blogger. They could just have "Blogging" in their Loc to advertise indirectly whatever they wanted people to look at in their Profile.)

Again, if it was up to me, if the logo is not "in your face", I would allow it, generally speaking. (Someone could probably find a few logos that I might not wish to allow, but the leggopoker logo is not one.)

I really don't think I see this as a big deal, personally. I see posts all day long with actual website hot-addresses, or at least site.com-type addresses and I can live with most of them if there is value in the posts. Pure spammers quickly reveal themselves and are warned or banned by mods, or are called out by readers.