View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 06:35 PM

Default lansing,MI ...Trippers bar charity event trip report

I went and checked out the charity poker events at Trippers in E. Lansing saturday night. I found out about it from nextpokergame.com from a friend who has checked out the Grand Rapids event.

My table was filled with a couple solid players, 3 or 4 that knew just enough to get themselves in trouble and a couple that walked in from the bar and didn't have to much of a clue.

The rake is donated to whatever charity is hosting it that evening. I was playing 1/2 NL max buy-in $100. The rake was up to $5 but there was no time charge. The dealer I had was average but I think it is just volunteers so I guess you can't expect too much.

Was curious if any of you have been checked this out and what you thought of it? I was only there 3 hours and it seemed like it could be a little honey hole to play at. I live in Fowlerville and I know I like that 1/2 hour drive a lot more than the hour drive to Detroit or the almost 2 hour drive to Soaring Eagle.

hopefully some of you have bben and I can get your feelings about the whole deal.

thanks and will probably see you up there next weekend [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]