View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: What\'s your opinion on Michael Moore?

[ QUOTE ]
would people go to see his films if they were plain facts and not eye-opening and slanted? not in the masses that they are now. he's trying to get middle (and lower) america to come and see his movies. these people dont want to sit through dry documentaries.

they want to see a fat man make outrageous claims and tell them about vast conspiracy theories. that sells.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it's very possible for a filmmaker to be entertaining, intelligent and credible. The fact that Moore chooses not to take this line is, as PDPG, myself and the Dids have noted, not helpful and can be destructive.

He's incendiary, antagonistic, and well just wrong alot... it's films like this that polarize the US, when the reality is on many big issues the left and the right are not too far off.

As an aside, the media bias point is something I find interesting. I've read several studies and articles trying to track "liberal bias" and they've all seemed somewhat inconclusive to me (wrt print media), although it's very true that a majority of reporters at major, pedigree'd news outlets vote Democrat.

-Al