View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Personality and overall attractiveness

[ QUOTE ]
I don't disagree with the OP at all, except when trying to put a number on a personality, thus allowing a rating to jump all over the place. It's very difficult to discuss that on any level that isn't grossly subjective (of course, that's why its makes for such a good conversation, because it is personality concrete). Looks, on the other hand, are much more simple, and a universal way to discuss them I feel is in order.

Please take everything with a grain of salt, there's no need to get upset here. I do not feel that it is "stupid", as you say, to believe that a rating system that can just jump around randomly based on your own changing feelings and experiences with her is not a great way to asess a woman on a numberical scale.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm hardly upset but I don't have much to say to something like "personality is not a scale." You can evaluate anything and an easy way to communicate that is throwing a number on it.

On a more related note, the point of the OP was not really what value you'd place on whatever. I was just curious how much this matters to people. I used an example of thinking a girl looked like about a 6 but being attracted to her like an 8 because of some video. If you want to phrase it differently then whatever.

This thread has been an enlightening example of people being unable to discern the relevant from the irrelevant.