View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:57 AM

Default (EPT Final) Hand A: T 3o early allin?

Hi guys,

So I will be posting three key hands that I found interesting from the EPT Monte Carlo event that is winding down to the final table as I type.
9-handed

Blinds 25-50

At the start of this hand, I have roughly 15k chips, Villain 17k. Villain appears tight-literal, having played only one noticeable hand in the first 30 or so hands, where he held two black aces on a raggedy all-spade flop and made bets very consistent with this holding.

Pre-flop: 4 limpers from early and middle positions, Villian limps from button, I call from SB w/ T 3o, BB checks.

Flop: 3c 7h Td (300, 6 players)

I lead out for 200 w/ top-bottom pair, three calls to Villian who raises 1200. I reraise 3200, and everyone folds to Villain, who pushes. I fold my remaining 11,000.

My thoughts: My flop reraise was designed to protect a vulnerable hand and nullify the positional disadvantage if possible. After Villain's shove, the pot was around 17,000 and so I am getting about 3-2. What could Villain have here?? I might call here against a maniac, but this guy must be playing T 7s, 7 7, or case 33 / TT. Very unlikely I am ahead against a hand such as A Ts, 8 9s, stone bluff, etc.

My best guess is Villain had T 7s, but regardless, I think I would have needed at least 2:1 to even consider getting all my chips in the center there.

Any comments on this hand, either the fold or earlier action?

One interesting side-note. After around 4 minutes of deliberation over Villain's unexpected shove, a British pro named JJ called the clock on me. There was a lot of hoopla, with the other players at the table commenting vocally on the etiquette of this, the dealer calling out for a clock, and even some TV people abandoning the Ivey table to see what was going on. I believe I would not have been capable of rational analysis had I been without earphones -- so this is one major advantage for having your iPod handy when playing a B&M tourny.