View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kinda surprised that Funki would say that re material possessions and self worth; I always thought he was one of the smartest posters on the forum. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and the chance to explain himself, because by that logic I should have just killed myself three years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I somehow went broke again, like I was last year, I'd definitely kill myself. Being broke is a great reason to kill oneself. People who act like they are completely impervious to the effects having or not having money are 1. lying 2. self-righteous [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual around here lately, and in mainstream culture for that matter, people are taking argument to completely unrealistic extremes in order to try and make a point. It doesn't work like more money=more happy. However, if you are not able to meet your basic needs, then obviously your mental and emotional state is going to be extremely negatively affected. There are some people who base their worth as a person on their net worth, and that is unfortunate for them, since they will never be truly happy as long as they do that because ultimately they are basing their happiness on things and on what other people think of them. If I couldn't afford foods with proper nutrition for my kids, or couldn't afford presents for their birthdays, clothes for my family and me, proper health care, or a decent house to live in, etc., then I would obviously feel like [censored] about myself, and many people around the world are in this very situation.

So, in summary, Google Maslow's hierarchy of needs and read up. Some of those things require money, most do not, and if those needs aren't filled then all of the self-actualization work is not possible.

Of course, I have money, so maybe that's why I'm happy.